The Aim Vision and Mission of Walsall MInd and Body Centre
At Walsall Mind and Body Centre our aim is to promote a holistic approach to wellbeing within Walsall and the surrounding area:
An approach which encompasses “diverse and interconnected dimensions of physical, mental, and social well-being that extend beyond the traditional definition of health. It includes choices and activities aimed at achieving physical vitality, mental alacrity, social satisfaction, a sense of accomplishment, and personal fulfilment.”source; wikiperia
At Walsall Mind and Body centre we have a vision of a future in which all the individual members of our diverse and dynamic local communities are able to actively manage their own wellbeing and make choices about the ways in which they do this.
Within our vision:
People will have a wide range of choices between and within publicly funded NHS services, privately provided services, and support with self help. They will be able to make these choices based on their own preferences and needs.
Income and background will place no restriction on access to these services, information and education on the range of options will be freely available to individuals, their carers and the professionals who look after them to enable and promote choice.
There will be parity of esteem between professionals working to provide healthcare services across sectors and specialisms.
All healthcare services will be delivered and available within an Integrated Medicine model in which our work is seen as a complement to mainstream medicine.
The Mission of Walsall Mind and Body Centre is to act as a hub for Natural Complementary and Holistic Healthcare services, filling the gap between what is provided through the local NHS services and what people are able to do as self help. in order to fulfil this mission we will:
- Inform and educate the public and individual clients and other professionals with regard to Natural Complementary and Holistic healthcare.
- Inform and educate the public and individual clients about health and wellbeing and about how to meet there own needs through lifestyle choices and self help.
- Promote Natural Complementary and Holistic Healthcare as a positive choice with a wide range of options for accessing the relevant services.
- Provide a range of Services that span the gap between local NHS provision and self help, enabling clients to access these services in a range of ways.
- Promote and facilitate the integration of Natural Complementary and Holistic Healthcare within the NHS.
- Promote high standards in training and continuing personal and professional development among professionals delivering Natural Complementary and Holistic healthcare services and educate the public about these standards.
- To provide our services in ways which both provide and promote excellence, meeting and exceed the standards required by the various regulatory bodies and to achieve recognition of these standards.
- To bring together a team of individuals whose training and qualifications along with their experience and personal approach enables them to fulfil this mission and allow Walsall Mind and Body Centre to continue to grow and develop its role and the benefit it provides to local people. This team will be made up of medically trained professionals, professionals from areas allied to medicine and natural complementary and holistic health care practitioners who are:
- fully qualified in line with appropriate national standards such as the National Occupational Standards and discipline specific regulatory bodies, The Department of Health
- Fully insured for professional indemnity.
- Members of at least one professional body which sets and maintains standards relevant to the specialism of the individual, where possible this body to be recognised by the Dept of health or the Complementary and Natural Health Care Council or other relevant body.